- The End of Life Management (ELM) is an umbrella organisation for all non medical end of life care.
Under the auspices of the ELM Organisation, End of Life Friends is a network of individuals dedicated to working alongside medical professionals. They will ensure that those who need comfort and companionship at the end of their life’s journey and who do not have family or friends to accompany them, will not be alone in their final hours. From diagnosis of a life threatening illness to the final journey, an End of Life Friend will be available for all non medical needs, not as carers but as companions.
- NIH Senior Health - a website for older adults developed by the National Institute on Aging and the National Library of Medicine, both part of the National Institutes of Health
- Children's Grief and Loss. To help children deal with grief issues
- ShareGrief. Since the launch of ShareGrief.com in July 2001, our team of volunteer grief specialists has reached out to hundreds of people across the world who have experienced the death of a child, spouse, parent, sibling, friend or other family member. Whether the loss is as a result of an accident, illness, suicide, trauma or sudden death, our team quickly responds with support and compassion. We offer information on support groups, local resources and reading materials that may be helpful to the bereaved.
We look forward to assisting those who seek comfort after the death of a loved one and we will continue to provide a much needed service to the bereaved community
- Terminal Illness. A public interest website focused on coping with a terminal illness as a sufferer, relative or friend.
- Memorials by Artists. A nationwide service which helps people to commission fine, individual memorials for churchyard, cemetery, garden or public space.
- The Child Bereavement Charity website offers a searchable database of organisations that may help. To view this database, please visit the Support and Information section.
- Counselling Directory - providing the UK with a huge counselling support network, enabling those in distress to find a counsellor close to them and appropriate for their needs. This is a free, confidential service that will hopefully encourage those in distress to seek help.
- Life Coach Directory - a support network of UK life coaches, with information on their training and experience, areas of life coaching, fees and contact details. This service is free, confidential and easy to use.
- ElephantsDance Publishing - Find out about Robynn McCann's first book entitled, "The Opal Within Us" and moving stories about death and dying.
- http://www.MesotheliomaSymptoms.com, provides comprehensive mesothelioma information, including how professionals frequently use palliative care to improve and extend the lives of patients.
- http://mesothelioma.net. We provide mesothelioma patients with free resources, support, education, and referrals to experienced mesothelioma doctors. We are a current sponsor of the American Cancer Society, MD Anderson Cancer Center, Make a Wish Foundation, and the National Patient Travel Center. We’ve also established a scholarship for high school and college students that will help further educate students of this rare cancer.
- Child Funeral Charity assists families financially in England and Wales who have to arrange a funeral for a baby or child aged 16 or under.
Please email us if you have recommendations for further additions to this list.